Thursday, March 10, 2005

Displacement Arc - No Exit Tourism

The only thing I have learned from traveling are the articles of convienance:

toilets, and the requisite papers

brand selectors

luggage with wheels

queing

and summary judgements that effect action (desired or not).

I have notes on most of the rest. I have difficulty reading those notes.

When the brains and politicos launched Pioneer (the satelite), they inscribed on a golden disk a shorthand for mankind and sent it out on a trajectory past Pluto. It was launched the year I was born and has a two million year mission. It cost 350 million dollars and the end goal was to point it at the star system Aldebaran (Arabic for "the follower") and hope for the best.

When I was 10, my grandmother paid to have a star named after me. As of today, NASA has no plans to send anything in my direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home